We are very glad to announce that the winner of the (first) edition
of this Prize for 2017 is Riccardo Saulle (
SING – Best
Student Paper Prize
The SING – Best Student Paper Prize is established to provide incentives for young researchers to write good papers and submit them to the SING meetings.
The prize is awarded every year at the SING meeting.
1. The SING – Best Student Paper Prize is awarded to young researchers. The candidates must have been PhD students on or after January 1 of the year preceding the SING Meeting, or have received their PhD after that date. Appropriate documentation for eligibility has to be provided, including the name of the advisor when applicable.
2. In order to compete for the Best Student Paper Award the candidates have to submit an unpublished paper which they are authors or co-authors of before the deadline fixed by the organizing committee of the SING Meeting. The submitted paper must present original research conducted primarily by the candidate (the paper cannot be submitted by more than one of its authors in the same year). The paper has to be submitted and accepted for the SING meeting of that year.
3. The paper has to be submitted in anonymous form, without the name(s) of author(s) or any phrases allowing identification of its author(s).
In addition, the candidate has to submit a resume of at most one page specifying the state-of-the-art and the new contributions of the paper, and a Word document or a pdf stating the candidate's contact information, the contact information of his/her primary research advisor and all co-authors, the paper title and appropriate keywords.
4. After the deadline, the organizing committee of the SING meeting selects the award committee appointing five Full or Associate Professors from different SING Countries (
5. The SING organizing committee sends all submitted papers and resumes to each member of the award committee.
6. The award committee selects at most one paper.
7. The author of the selected paper, if any, receives the Prize in the form of a certificate.
8. The names of other competitors for the Best Student Paper Prize will not be made public.